The building is divided into three bodies. The main one (noble residence) consists of three floors above ground for a total of 35 rooms (about 2000 m²). Two staircases disengage the sequences of the halls of the two main sleeves on the floor. The tower has an extra floor. Sentry boxes and loopholes recall the defensive origin of the building. In addition to the chapel on the ground floor, there are ancient secret passages, pitfalls and prisons. The other two buildings (about 500 m²) were intended for the farmer’s accommodation, stables and warehouses. The park (completely enclosed by high walls that connect to the ramparts on the outline of the main building.) Measures approximately 4370 m² and is located on a raised level with respect to the context, thus allowing the splendid characteristic view of the Langhe landscape. The castle is not subject to the constraint of the fine arts and does not require specific architectural or structural renovations. Particularly suitable to be transformed into a hotel or other receptive structure, being divided into sequences of rooms and lounges that can be easily disengaged.
Located in the heart of the Langhe, the castle is located at the top of the historic center of Cravanzana (600 m asl), in the province of Cuneo (Alta Langa), and is 25 km from Alba and 68 km from the sea. The Municipality is located near the main sports centers of the area, in particular the proximity of the golf courses of Monforte, Barolo, Cherasco, the swimming pool and the tennis court 5 km away. Excellent microclimate always ventilated with pleasant temperatures even in summer. The Municipality has restaurants, hotels, agritourisms, shops and a bank. Excellent summer entertainment and traditional fair in September. Beautiful view of the surrounding hills (woods, hazelnut groves, meadows, small villages). It is a 17th century castle which has been renovated several times over time. Used as an agricultural school, home to summer camps and the Carabinieri barracks. Acquired by a private owner in the eighties, it was subsequently renovated in order to restore the interior to its original state with terracotta floors, wood, etc., and to recover the wall decorations.
The original matrix of the castle dates back to 1100/1200, built by Ligurian nobles (the date 1136 is engraved on the external walls). Subsequently, in 1438, there was the attack and the conquest by the mercenary troops of Francesco Sforza. In 1535 the castle suffered sacking and partial demolition by the Spanish militias. In 1635 Gian Giacomo Fontana (Minister of the King) rebuilt it by enlarging it and in 1726 it became the property of the Savoy family.
First Town With Services: 1 km Cravanzana: 1 km
Canelli: 24 kms Nizza Monferrato: 35 kms Acqui Terme: 42 kms
Barolo: 26 kms Barbaresco: 26 kms
Airport of Torino: 125 kms Airport of Milano Malpensa: 192 kms
Airport of Bergamo: 223 kms Airport of Nice: 216 kms
Price On Request
Interested in this property? Fill out the form below and we will be in contact shortly.